Friday, February 11, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday




11 February 2011

† 1 †

It strikes fear in my heart....that "Mom, the stuff in the freezer does not seem too frozen."  Call made, workman came, problem fixed, except now the ice is one solid block.

† 2 †

I have had meeting after meeting this week.  Some weeks are just like that.  It just means that things are a little nutty on the homefront...piles of dishes and clothes (clean and dirty), toys across the floor, mess and disorder everywhere...I should really stop writing this post and get to work.
† 3 †

I have started and ended every day this week in times of quiet and prayer, using my Magnificat as my guide.   Nice, very nice.

† 4 †

My brain is in a winter fog.  Not much is getting done on the school front.  I'm looking at some major traveling during the course of the next month (Dave and I are going to Boston for President's Weekend, then the kids and I are traveling to Texas the first part of March...it's a sacrament time of year, you know).  I really need to keep on keeping on so that mid-March does not find me in a panic.  Another part of me (the wise or unwise, I'm not sure) wants to just relax...it'll all come out OK.

† 5 †

I'm listening to Mirabilis by Mary-Kate Spring Lee (and praying for Elizabeth while I do).


† 6 † 

I'm ready to start thinking about working out our school plan for next year, about gathering the books and resources, and about new schedules and new ways of doing things.  I know this is February craziness...it does happen every year.  I'm resisting.  See #4...I just need to keep with what we are doing and get it done.  LOL

† 7 † 

DJ and Janie are about to finish the Level 1 Writing with Ease Workbook.  I have loved it!  We have been working on it for two years, but more consistently this school year.  I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to implement a writing program using copy work and  narrations (a la Charlotte Mason), especially if you are not sure what to read, what to have them copy, and what questions to ask to make sure they got it.  We will start the Level 2 book in the fall.  Between now and then, we'll focus on reading, writing, and illustrating Saint stories and Aesop's Fables.

†††
Have a wonderful weekend.  See more Seven Quick Takes at ConversionDiary

No comments:

Post a Comment