This has been the coolest project. It is a very easy pattern to follow, although some parts are a wee bit complicated for the inexperienced and timid knitter (ME). The tutorials that Elizabeth is putting up are fabulous. And, since I have my own resident expert knitter on hand (KATIE), I wasn't afraid to jump in at all. She started before me, and told me exactly what to do. I still give her my work every couple rows so she can check to make sure everything is lined up correctly. Katie even picked up a stitch from a few rows below when I forgot to do an increase (I'm sure I was distracted by a three year old).
We decided early on that part of the fun of knitting this jacket is trusting the process. We'll knit a line at a time and see what happens. So here are the photos of our work in progress. Katie's is the brown jacket for Ricky (although we might have to give it to someone uh-smaller. Mine is green and pink.
No comments:
Post a Comment