Outside my window, it is snowy, snowy, snowy. It snowed all day yesterday, and now we have about a foot of soft powdery snow. It is really beautiful.
I am wearing brown pants, red mock turtle, and black knit jacket...barefoot for now, but big bulky, and warm socks are coming soon.
I am reading The Seduction of Water by Carol Goodman.
I am listening to Dinosaur Train on the TV through the Wii from Netflix...love it! (obviously not for me...but for the boy...If I got to choose, it would be my Suzanne Ciani channel on Pandora. Actually, I'm going there now to turn it on...done.)
Around the house, it is quiet. Ricky is watching Dino Train, Janie is still sleeping (yes, I know it is almost 10:00), DJ is out shoveling snow off the driveway, and Missy and Katie (my conscientious students) are doing their math. And, of course, I am ignoring the sink full of dishes and the clutter everywhere in order to catch you up on our goings on.
From the kitchen, we'll have left over beef stew for dinner. Yumm-o. I made a double recipe yesterday because I was cooking for a neighbor who had a baby recently. I discovered that my 6-qt crock pot CANNOT handle a double recipe. It overflowed and made an incredible mess. BUT, the stew was still super yummy. I just need to add a note to the recipe that a recipe and a half is the most my crock pot can handle. LOL Chocolate Chip pancakes and bacon or sausage are on the menu for lunch, at Katie's request.
From the school house, I just had my midterm consult with Emily (my MODG consultant) on Monday. DJ and Janie are in Week 16 in just about everything except reading. I'll do a happy dance for that. Katie and Missy range between week 15 and Week 8, depending on the subject. It seems like a wide spread, but actually, I'm feeling good about where they are in everything, and their effort and work product is excellent. All is well. We started thinking and talking about next year. My only worry is Katie's science, and we came up with a do-able plan to tackle that, so I'm definitely feeling like we are in a good place.
I am so grateful for so many things...our health, our home, our family.
I'm pondering an online friend's discussion about the loaves and the fishes. We may not have much to offer in terms of time, prayer, money, etc, but when we give everything we have, no matter how meager, to God...He will multiply what we offer and fill all our needs.
I'm also thinking about the spiritual warfare. We are in a very real battle right now. We need to arm ourselves and prepare to suffer and sacrifice for the Truth.
I am creating...I got nuthin'. BUT, Katie just turned a heel on a sock, and Missy's working on a very nice alpaca hat. Can I create vicariously through them?
Living the Liturgy...St John Bosco, St Brigid of Ireland, Candlemas, St Blaise...all powerhouse saints and feasts this week.
Please, pray for our holy and precious priests, for several little babies born and unborn with severe heart defects, for pregnant friends, for unemployed dads, and for those who suffer from mental health issues.
One of My Favorite Things...my new Vera Bradley purse/bag...Angle Tote in Slate Blooms.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...to stay warm and tucked in as much as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment