Sunday, May 22, 2011

We're Still Here

We had a tornado warning last night.  (No, I'm not referring to the botched rapture...what a joke.)  All's well here, despite about a thirty minute session in the basement.  Missy read the next chapter of Harry Potter to DJ and Janie.  I  surfed the internet looking at yarn.  Katie was knitting a blanket (in her happy place) with Ricky snuggled in with her, and Dave was upstairs washing dishes and  baking cupcakes?  I know, I know...strange man. 

It wasn't a bad time, but it did make me think of doing something different with the basement though. It is not terribly comfortable down there, although I did have someone drag a deep airbed mattress down there.  We have a toy area, but no place for mammas to sit.  And, the rug we had on the floor was a loss to a sewer back-up a while back.  There is a craft table, but things a little junky around it. Our basement is huge.  Our house was once a duplex, now converted into a single family home, and the basement runs the whole house.  We really could make the space more user-friendly, and maybe use it for more than toy and stuff storage.  And, since we know we will be here until at least August 2012...it may be worth revamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment