Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Typical Wednesday Daybook

Outside my window, I see melting snow.  But, it's OK, we're supposed to get more later today....4-6 inches, I think.


I am wearing a black skirt, pink t-shirt, and a black sweater, no shoes (my toes are cold...maybe I'll go grab some socks...the fluffy, house-slippery kind).



I am reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (on my Kindle).




I am listening to piano lessons (our fabulous teacher comes to our house...what a blessing!), bigger kids talking, Ricky fussing and whining <sad face>, and on the computer's iTunes...Matt Maher.





Around the house, it is a normal Wednesday morning during piano lessons...things are a little bit tidy, the kitchen is a little bit clean, the laundry is halted because the laundry room is so near the piano.



From the kitchen, the crock pot is loaded and ready to go with ground beef and the fixins for Sloppy Joes.  

I have started a weight loss challenge using Herbalife products.  I started yesterday.  I have big goals and need prayers for my success.   I think I'll put a little widget on my side bar to track my progress.  That probably falls in the "TMI" category but any encouragement and accountability I can gain would be worth it.



From the school house, we are still doing pretty well on our New Year's Resolution to better keep up with school work.  The Girlies are still getting up early and starting their days between 7:00 and 7:30.  I love having two dedicated times a day when I work with them on grammar and religion and generally touch base about their day's progress.  The Littles are just awesome...DJ, especially, has a very positive attitude about school.  Janie does well when it is late enough in the day.  Ricky is enjoying the puzzles, lacing games, and Legos (duh...he is a boy).   I still feel like I need to be more proactive about finding activities for him to do during school time.




I am so grateful for dear friends.



I am creating a digital scrapbook for my parent's DC trip last September and a knitted scarf out of a variegated alpaca yarn.  Both projects are slow going.



Living the Liturgy...The Littles and I read up on St Anthony the Abbot (or Hermit).  We talked a little about asceticism and what it means (using small words and short sentences  LOL). 

Father Lee has been out of town this week...always hard because there is no daily Mass when he is gone.  I find that I really need the sacramental graces that come with frequent daily Mass. 

Tomorrow, WOSI will have a guest speaker...Father James Albers from Benedictine Abbey in Atchison.  I'm so excited to here him speak, and he'll be able to stay for daily Mass. Thank you, Father James!

Please, pray for KS, JC, JB and families.  



One of My Favorite Things...my James Avery charm bracelet.  It is in Texas with my Mom having a new angel charm soldered. I'm ready to have it back in its normal place on my wrist.



A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Katie and Missy leave for Washington D.C. and the March for Life on Friday night.  They will be traveling via chartered bus with many other teens from all over Kansas City, Kansas.  I know they will have a great time!  I'm wondering how we'll do at home without them.  I'll also have an extra toddler from Sunday to Tuesday, the youth group leader's son will be staying with us because his mom will be with the teens in D.C. and his dad has a TDY trip starting on Sunday.  I pray that S is not overly traumatized by my own Ricky.  Yikes!




A Picture Thought


Janie modeling the hat Katie made her for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment