I packed up the Christmas Tree and most of the Christmas decorations this weekend. Since we never really know if we have a move in the year between one Christmas and the next, I have always packed my Christmas expecting a move. My secret weapons are plastic grocery bags and the divided ornament boxes. The plastic bags are usually plentiful (although I did run out this year...how did that happen?), and I can pack the divided ornament boxes tight and full. Everything stays nice and safe. I did not buy anything new, but somehow our Christmas decorations expanded by a whole box. Yikes!
The den area looks a little disheveled. The book shelf isn't back in its normal home yet. Fake needles are scattered on the floor, waiting for the broom. A few stray Christmas gifts hanging around, looking for their rightful home. Dave took down the Christmas lights and the decorations outside...with the light snow flurries around him.
I'm sad to put away Christmas. It is such a blessed and magical time of year. Now we go back to the everyday, normal routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment