I am a member of an on-line community of Catholic homeschooling mothers. We have been talking a little about demonic possession lately and its affects on health and well-being. I have several friends going through terrible times with mental health issues with their children. It is scary stuff.
Well....we have a sweet (almost) three year-old. I swear he has a split personality...one minute he is happy as can be...the next in the throes of a tantrum worse than anything I've every seen. He is terribly strong-willed (isn't that a sign of great intelligence?) and pushes every button I possess. He screams bloody murder, throws temper tantrums, wakes in the middle of the night with the worst screaming fits. I am at my wits end.
My guardian angel must have been whispering into my ear yesterday morning...(s)he said "Maybe he's having really bad dreams, maybe he's being attached by devils." It was a wake up call for me. I made a pledge right then and there, to bless him with Holy Water, to splash him (with Holy Water) in the midst of any tantrums, to hold him close and love him, to talk kindly to him in face of his anger, or to ignore him (when I needed a time out), to pray to his patron saint and to his guardian angel.
We still had drama and tantrums yesterday, but it was much better than what we have experienced as "normal." AND, Ricky went to sleep peacefully at about 8:00 (which, is in itself, a miracle), and he slept peacefully until he came into our bed at about 2:00 without fuss or drama. He cuddled in and went back to sleep until my alarm woke us at 6:00.
He is in such a good mood today.
So, thank you ladies for the discussion about demons...not at all pleasant, but I think it put the idea in my mind to direct my handling of Ricky's tantrums in a spiritual realm and out of the parenting/obedience realm.
No comments:
Post a Comment